How to cook Haddock Patties (Microwave and Deep Fried)
- 8 ounces (227 g) haddock fillets
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water
- 1 egg yolk
- Bread soaked in water or milk
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) curry paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ounce (28 g) freshly made breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) dried coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) caraway
- Oil for frying
- Microwave haddock fillets in water, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes on 'MAXIMUM' leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Drain, skin and remove bones from haddock fillets.
- Flake haddock with a fork.
- Mix together egg yolk, soaked bread mix in grated onion, crushed garlic, tomato paste and curry paste salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture onto a large plate cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Flour your hands shape mixture into 16 (1 1/2-inch / 4-cm) thick patties.
- Dip patties into beaten egg.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, coconut and caraway coat patties with mixture.
- Arrange patties onto waxed paper refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a deep fryer, preheat oil to 350°F (180°C).
- Arrange 8 haddock patties into frying basket slowly lower basket into hot oil.
- Deep fry haddock patties for 1 3/4 to 2 minutes pat dry.
- Deep-fry and pat dry remaining haddock patties.
Oven: 700 watts
Waiting time: 2 minutes
Deep frying time: 3 1/2 to 4 minutes
This recipe for Haddock Patties (Microwave and Deep Fried) serves/makes: 16 patties
The Haddock Patties (Microwave and Deep Fried) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried