How to cook Haddock Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 8 ounces (227 g) smoked haddock
- 2 (8-ounce / 227-g each) potatoes
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) finely grated lemon rind
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) freshly chopped parsley or
2 teaspoons (10 mL) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon juice
- Pepper, to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- Dijon mustard
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork arrange potatoes into microwave-oven, onto a paper towel.
- Microwave for 8 1/2 to 9 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', turning and re-arranging potatoes at half-time.
- Wrap potatoes in al foil set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil smoked haddock in water, covered, for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', turning dish at half-time.
- Cool with a fork, break-up fish, removing skin and bones.
- Half potatoes lengthwise remove and puree potato meat.
- Mix in butter or margarine, egg yolk, lemon rind, parsley and lemon juice.
- Mix in broken up fish sprinkle with pepper and nutmeg.
- Beat egg white until stiff peaks form fold into fish mixture.
- Stuff potatoes with mixture.
- Arrange stuffed potatoes onto a plate, lined with a paper towel.
- Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes on 'MAXIMUM', turning plate twice.
- Garnish stuffed potatoes with Dijon mustard and watercress
- Serve, along with tomatoes.
Oven: 700 watts
Waiting time: 5 minutes
This recipe for Haddock Stuffed Baked Potatoes serves/makes: 2
The Haddock Stuffed Baked Potatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave