6 - 8
How to cook Hake Stew with Cheese
- 3 pounds hake, cleaned, heads removed, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 oz ham, sliced
- 5 tablespoons grated cheese
- 3 bunches of parsley springs
- 3 pickled cucumbers, sliced into circles
- Salt to taste
- Put the hake into a baking dish.
- Smear it with mustard and put ham slices on each hake piece.
- Stir in some fish broth and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven until tender and crusty.
- Serve the Hake Stew with Cheese sprinkled with greens.
- Garnish with pickled cucumbers.
Ready in 30 minutes.
Even though we seldom think of making a fish stew, a good fish stew is a lean, cheap dish that is really tasteful.
Usually fish stew serves with warm, crusty bread.
This recipe for Hake Stew with Cheese serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Hake Stew with Cheese recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew