4 - 6 servings
How to cook Hake Stew with Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds hake (or cod, pollock, haddock) fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 onions, cut into half rings
- 1 carrot, grated on medium grater
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a deep skillet saute the onion until soft, then add the grated carrots and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, peppercorns, salt and sugar, mix well.
- Tomato paste diluted in water, pour into a skillet and add the vinegar and olive oil.
- Dip the fish pieces in skillet, cover with lid and simmer over medium heat for about 40 minutes.
- Serve the Hake Stew with Tomato Sauce hot with steamed or boiled white rice.
The Hake Stew with Tomato Sauce
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Hake Stew with Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Hake Stew with Tomato Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew