How to cook Hake with Onions in Red Wine
- 1 pound hake bodies (cleaned, without head and tail), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 onion, cut into half rings
- 1 small pinch dried rosemary
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Season each piece of fish with salt, pepper and dried rosemary.
- Saute onions in a frying pan with hot olive oil, over medium heat, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Move the onions to the sides of the pan and place the pieces of fish in the center.
- Fry the fish until both sides are slightly brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Then mix the fish with onions and pour wine into the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the hake with onions to a serving plate and pour the cooking juice over fish.
- Garnish this dish with lemon slices and serve with boiled potatoes or rice.
The Hake with Onions in Red Wine
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
Instead of hake, you can use any saltwater white-fleshed fish fillets.
This recipe for Hake with Onions in Red Wine serves/makes: 3 servings
The Hake with Onions in Red Wine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered