3 - 4 servings
How to cook Hake with Orange-Lemon Sauce
- 1 headless and tailless carcass of hake (or any not too oily saltwater fish) about 1 pound, cut into serving portions (thawed if frozen)
- 2 egg, slightly beaten
- Salt to taste
- A mixture of dry pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon starch
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sugar to taste
- Starch water (1/2 tablespoon +1 teaspoon sugar + 1 teaspoon starch)
- Yellow bell pepper rings for decoration
- Cherry tomato for decoration
- Black olives for decoration
- Greens for decoration
- Season well beaten eggs with salt and pepper. Add the fish in the egg mixture and let soak for a few minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan with sesame seeds.
- Mix in another bowl flour and starch. Dredge the hake pieces in flour mixture and quickly fry on height heat until golden brown.
- To make the orange-lemon sauce: In a saucepan or frying pan pour the orange and lemon juices, add sugar to taste.
- Cook over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add starch water and simmer stirring until a certain amount of liquid is gone.
- Add the hake pieces to the orange-lemon sauce and simmer until fish is done.
- Transfer the fish on a serving plate and pour the orange-lemon sauce over it.
- Decorate with fresh greens, vegetables and olives.
- If you want to surprise your family members and guests - you can make eatable ladybugs.
- Just arrange 2 tomato quarters for the ladybug wings.
- For heads, slice a black olive into half and then into half again.
- Cut the other half of olive into very small pieces and put on bug’s back to make ladybug's spots.
- Bon appetit!
Cooking time: 30 minutes
The Hake with Orange-Lemon Sauce is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Hake with Orange-Lemon Sauce serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Hake with Orange-Lemon Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered