2 - 3
How to cook Halibut Brochettes
- 1 pound (454 g) halibut steaks
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 large sweet green pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 2 small tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
4 wooden (not metal) 10 to 12-inch (25 to 30-cm) skewers
Anchovy Butter Ingredients:
- Remove skin from halibut steaks cut each steak into even-size cubes.
- Break-up onion quarters.
- Alternately thread onion pieces, sweet green pepper pieces, halibut cubes and tomato halves onto skewers, 1 tomato half in the center of each skewer.
- Arrange skewers onto the rack of a microwave-safe roasting pan or on a rack, into a large, shallow dish.
- Mix together soy sauce, lemon juice and crushed garlic.
- Brush skewers with soy sauce mixture cover skewers with plastic wrap, leaving an opening.
- Microwave for 4 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Uncover, turn, move and brush skewers with remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Cover skewers with plastic wrap microwave for 4 minutes more, on 'MAXIMUM'.
How to cook Anchovy Butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) anchovy fillets, drained reserving a little oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) butter
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly chopped parsley
Fine Herb Butter Ingredients:
- Crush well drained anchovy fillets with reserved oil.
- Mix in butter.
- Mix in lemon juice, pepper and chopped parsley.
How to cook Fine Herb Butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly minced fine herb (tarragon, parlsey or dill) or 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried
- 3 ounces (85 g) softened butter
- Whipping vigourously, mix fresh or dried fine herbs into softened butter.
Microwave oven: 700 watts
Serve the halibut brochettes over boiled rice.
This recipe for Halibut Brochettes serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Halibut Brochettes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Microwave