How to cook Halibut Fillets with Tomato Puree
- 3 halibut fillets (about 7 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons flour for breading
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For Tomato Puree:
- 1 pound canned diced tomatoes in their own juice
- 5 ounces black olives, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a small, shallow dish.
- Roll each fillet in flour, set aside.
- Bring a medium square skillet grill pan to medium-high heat with olive oil in it.
- Once hot, place halibut in pan and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes until done.
- To prepare Tomato Puree: heat the oil in a pan and fry canned tomatoes and olives for about 3-4 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add chopped basil leaves, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the tomato puree on a plate, top with fried fish.
- Finish by drizzling the olive oil around the tomato puree, creating a beautiful plate.
- Decorate the Halibut Fillets with Tomato Puree with green leaf.
The Halibut Fillets with Tomato Puree
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Halibut Fillets with Tomato Puree serves/makes: 3 servings
The Halibut Fillets with Tomato Puree recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed