4 - 6
How to cook Halibut or Cod Stew
- 4 - 6 halibut or cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled, minced potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water or clam juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dill seeds or dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter for 1 minute on 'MAXIMUM' mix in chopped onion, minced garlic and diced green pepper, and mix well.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Stir mix in chopped tomato, minced potatoes, water or clam juice, salt, pepper and dill seeds or marjoram.
- Stir well microwave for 5 minutes, on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM'.
- Cut fish fillets into individual servings arrange fish servings over hot vegetable mixture.
- Lightly salt and pepper.
- Cover fish microwave for 5 minutes, on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Leave to rest for 3 minutes, before serving.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
Waiting time: 3 minutes
Even though we seldom think of making a fish stew, a good fish stew is a lean, cheap dish that is really tasteful.
Serve the Halibut or Cod Stew with warm, crusty bread.
This recipe for Halibut or Cod Stew serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Halibut or Cod Stew recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Microwave