6 - 8
How to cook Hangzhou Poached Fish
- 1 whole snapper or rock cod (about 2 to 3 pounds), cleaned
- 2 green onions, cut into fourths
- 4 thumb-size slices fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 green onions (white part), slivered
- 3 thumb-size slices fresh ginger, slivered
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Remove fins from fish, if necessary. From head to tail, cut a slash on both sides of fish about 1 inch below the backbone.
- To poach, heat wok over moderate heat and when hot, and onion and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant. Pour about 2 quarts water into wok, bring to a boil, then immerse fish (add more boiling water, if necessary).
- Return to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn fish over and boil for about 5 minutes longer. Remove carefully with a spatula and drain well. Place fish on serving platter.
- To serve, sprinkle seasoning mix all over fish. Heat oils in a small saucepan until hot and just smoking.
- Quickly pour over the poached fish and garnish with cilantro. Lightly mix pieces of fish with sauce at the table and serve.
The Hangzhou Poached Fish recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Hangzhou Poached Fish is a traditional Chinese dish usually is served on Chinese New Year's Eve Dinner.
This recipe for Hangzhou Poached Fish serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Hangzhou Poached Fish recipe is adopted from The Pasadena Star News - Wednesday, February 9, 2005.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered