How to cook Hawaiian Red Snapper Baked in Ti Leaves
- 1 whole red snapper or any white fish (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rock salt
- Ti leaves or aluminum foil
- Prepare ti leaves by removing mid rib from back of leaves.
- Rub fish with salt. Wrap fish in several ti leaves.
- Tie the ends together with string or fibrous parts of ti leaves. Bake in shallow pan at 350°F (180°C) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Variation: Add bacon slices or onion slices or coconut milk to fish before wrapping in ti leaves or foil.
The Hawaiian Red Snapper Baked in Ti Leaves recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Hawaiian Red Snapper Baked in Ti Leaves serves/makes: 6 servings
The Hawaiian Red Snapper Baked in Ti Leaves recipe is adopted from Hawaii Cooking with Aloha by Elvira Monroe.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked