4 - 6 servings
How to cook Hawaiian Steamed Mullet
- 1 fresh whole mullet (about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons chung choy*, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Chinese parsley or cilantro
- Lemon wedges
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Gut the mullet but do not scale. The scale will actually protect and preserve the fish during steaming.
- Sprinkle salt over the mullet. Allow to stand for a few minutes in a shallow dish.
- Combine sugar, oil, and soy sauce. Pour over fish.
- Top with chung choy, ginger, and green onions. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil. Pour over the steamed mullet.
- Garnish the Hawaiian Steamed Mullet with Chinese parsley and lemon wedges.
The Hawaiian Steamed Mullet recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
- preserved salted turnip. You can find this in the Asian section of any supermarket in the dry section.
This recipe for Hawaiian Steamed Mullet serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Hawaiian Steamed Mullet recipe is adopted from Hawaii Cooking with Aloha by Elvira Monroe.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Steamed