6 appetizer servings
How to cook Hawaiian Wahoo Ceviche
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh wahoo fillets, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6-8 limes
- 1/4 onion (or half if small), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, squeezed using garlic press
- 1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno pepper (not very bitter), removed seeds and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- Salt to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Put the fish fillets in a GLASS bowl; squeeze juice from limes.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 8 hours. (Mixing occasionally.)
- Remove from the refrigerator and drain off the lime juice.
- Add finely chopped onion, squeezed garlic, chopped jalapeno and parsley.
- Season with salt, black and red peppers. Mix well.
- At last add the olive oil and mix more to prevent oxidation.
- Serve the Hawaiian Wahoo Ceviche cool as an appetizer.
TheHawaiian Wahoo Ceviche
recipe easy to cook and so good!
(also spelled as cebiche, seviche or cevice) is a form of citrus marinated seafood salad, popular in many Latin American countries, originating in the Viceroyalty of Peru.
This recipe for Hawaiian Wahoo Ceviche serves/makes: 6 appetizer servings
The Hawaiian Wahoo Ceviche recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked