4 - 6 servings
How to cook Healthy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 1 pound fresh or frozen raw shrimp, peeled, tails removed, and patted dry (if frozen, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using)
- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine or similar thin pasta noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, divided (useless if sensitive to spice)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables of your choice, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- Zest and juice of 1 large or 2 small lemons
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, drain remaining water, then toss with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 additional minute.
- Add the shrimp, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Saute, stirring to coat with garlic, just until cooked through (both sides will be pink and opaque), about 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high. Add the broccoli and other vegetables, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cook until the vegetables are hot and lightly sauteed, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the white wine and return the shrimp to the skillet, then cook for 2 minutes, allowing the wine to reduce. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and remove from heat.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss. If the pasta is too dry, add a bit of the reserved pasta water.
- Serve the Healthy Garlic Shrimp Pasta warm, topped with parsley and Parmesan.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
A quick, easy, and healthy garlic shrimp pasta recipe with vegetables and white wine.
This recipe for Healthy Garlic Shrimp Pasta serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Healthy Garlic Shrimp Pasta recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta