How to cook Healthy Sole Filet with Almonds
- 1 pound (454 g) sole or haddock fillets
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low fat milk
- 1 1/3 cups (330 mL) whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) oregano or basil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) pepper
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) melted margarine or butter
- Minced blanched almonds
- Minced green onions
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Into a shallow, large enough to dip fish fillets, bowl, beat together egg and milk.
- Onto a plate, mix together breadcrumbs, oregano or basil, sea salt and pepper.
- Dip fish fillets into milk mixture then coat with breadcrumbs mixture.
- Lay coated fish fillets side-by-side onto a greased (with a non-stick spray or shortening) baking sheet.
- Into a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, water and melted margarine or butter.
- Pour lemon juice mixture all over fish fillets sprinkle with minced almonds and green onions (see below), to taste.
- Bake into preheated oven, uncovered, for approximately 10 minutes, until fish flesh is longer translucent.
- If desired, wait after baking to sprinkle fish fillets with green onions.
Excellent, healthy lunch or supper!
The Healthy Sole Filet with Almonds is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Healthy Sole Filet with Almonds serves/makes: 4
The Healthy Sole Filet with Almonds recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Baked