6 - 8 servings
How to cook Herb Baked Arctic Char
- 1 whole Arctic char (about 4 pounds), cleaned, with head and tail left on
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup mixed chopped fresh herbs (parsley, dill, chives, basil)
- Vegetable oil
- Sliced cucumbers and additional fresh chopped herbs, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Clean the char inside and out and pat dry with paper toweling. Season the cavity with the salt and pepper. Fill with half the onion, lemon and celery slices, and all the herbs.
- Place the char in an aluminum foil-lined baking dish. Rub with the oil, season with salt and pepper, and top with the remaining onion, lemon and celery slices. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated hot oven, 400°F (200°C), for 40 minutes, or until the char flakes with a fork. Carefully skin the char, if you wish.
- Place on a serving platter. Garnish with sliced cucumbers and more fresh herbs, if you wish.
- Serve the baked char in slices at room temperature or chilled .
The Herb Baked Arctic Char recipe easy to cook and so good!
can be used in place of the Arctic char
This recipe for Herb Baked Arctic Char serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Herb Baked Arctic Char recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Baked