How to cook Herb Baked Flounder Fillets
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Place fish fillets in a large shallow dish, and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Combine green onions, parsley, olive oil, and lemon juice, stirring well. Pour marinade over fillets. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove fish fillets from marinade, discarding marinade. Spread Dijon mustard over fillets, and place in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, tarragon, thyme, and rosemary; sprinkle over fillets. Dot with butter; top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F (200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
The Herb Baked Flounder Fillets recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Herb Baked Flounder Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Herb Baked Flounder Fillets recipe is adopted from The American Best Recipes - 1989.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked