How to cook Herb Broiled Pompano
- 6 pompano fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each), about 1-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Dash of dried thyme leaves
- Dash of onion powder
- Sprinkle both sides of pompano fillets with salt and pepper. If fish has not been skinned, place skin sides up on rack in broiler pan.
- Mix butter, herbs and onion powder; brush the fish fillets with half the butter mixture.
- Set oven to broil or 550°F (290°C). Broil with tops 2 to 3 inches from heat until light brown, about 5 minutes.
- Brush the pompano fillets with butter mixture; turn carefully and brush other sides.
- Broil until fish flakes easily with fork, 5 to 8 minutes longer.
The Herb Broiled Pompano recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Herb Broiled Pompano serves/makes: 6 servings
The Herb Broiled Pompano recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pompano
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled