How to cook Herb Marinated Mussels
- 1 1/2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Bring white wine and onion to boil. Add mussels, cover and steam until mussels open, about 5 minutes. Discard any mussels that do not open. Transfer mussels to plate. Reserve cooking liquid in saucepan.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add minced garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add seasonings and cook 1 minute. Add mussel cooking liquid, vinegar, paprika, lemon peel and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into large bowl.
- Remove mussels from shells and add to bowl; reserve 1/2 of each shell. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Arrange mussel shells on platter. Place 1 mussel in each shell. Pour marinade over.
- Garnish the Herb Marinated Mussels with lemon wedges.
The Herb Marinated Mussels recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Herb Marinated Mussels serves/makes: 4 servings
The Herb Marinated Mussels recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked