4 - 6 servings
How to cook Herb Poached Brook Trout
- 2 fresh whole brook trout (about 12-inch each), cleaned, heads and tails left on
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 strip lemon zest, 2x1/2-inch
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- In large pot or Dutch oven, bring water, wine, herbs, spices and lemon zest to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Gently lower trout into liquid. Simmer, partially uncovered, until firm to the touch, about 10 minutes (or 10 minutes per inch of thickness of the fish).
- Using two spatulas, life each fish out and place it on a dinner plate. Blend butter with 2 teaspoons of the cooking liquid (with as many of the herbs as you can retrieve), and spoon over fish.
- Serve the Herb Poached Brook Trout immediately with lemon wedge alongside.
The Herb Poached Brook Trout recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
is a delicious member of the trout kingdom. They can grow to a medium size that is nice for single servings. As with most trout, these little lovelies can be broiled, brazed, grilled, smoked, pan fried, deep fried or just about anything you can think of to do with them.
This recipe for Herb Poached Brook Trout serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Herb Poached Brook Trout recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered