How to cook Herb Poached Ocean Perch Fillets
- 4 ocean perch or other firm, white-fleshed fish fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons Chablis or other dry white wine (or use 1/8 cup water with 1/8 cup apple juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Water (or use half water and half white wine or apple juice)
- Fresh lemon wedges (optional), to serve
- Mix together wine and lemon juice in a shallow dish and add fish, turning to coat. Sprinkle fish with dill weed, tarragon, salt, and white pepper.
- Cover fish in bowl; marinate in refrigerator about 30 minutes. Remove fish from marinade and discard liquid.
- Arrange fish in a large skillet. Add water (or use half water and half white wine or apple juice) to cover the fish fillets.
- Bring water to a simmer over medium heat and poach fish until it is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from liquid with a slotted spoon.
- Serve the Herb Poached Ocean Perch Fillets with lemon wedges, a side dish of flavored rice, and your favorite green vegetable.
The Herb Poached Ocean Perch Fillets recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Herb Poached Ocean Perch Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Herb Poached Ocean Perch Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered