4 - 6
How to cook Herring Mousse
- 1 salted herring, cleaned, head removed, and filleted
- 1 piece of processed cheese
- 1/3 pound butter
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- Clear the herring of the bones.
- Puree the herring, processed cheese, carrot, and onion.
- Add butter and vinegar and mix until smooth.
- To serve spread the herring mixture on to round savory biscuits.
- If desired, garnish herring mousse all around with stuffed eggs.
The Minced Herring with Egg Salad is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Herring Mousse serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Herring Mousse recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Appetizer