8 - 10
How to cook Herring Salad Polish Style
- 10 slightly salted Matjes herring fillets (in soy oil)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pickled onions
- 1 (16-ounce) jar dill cucumbers
- 1 (16-ounce) jar sliced beetroots
- 4 medium apples
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut herrings into wide segments.
- Slice dill cucumbers, onions and beetroots.
- Wash, core, and dice apples.
- Mix herrings, cucumbers, onions, beetroots, and apples together.
- Combine vinegar with horseradish, add a little salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil constantly mixing.
- Pour mixture over salad and let stand for couple hours before serving.
The Polish name for the Herring Salad is Salatka ze sledzi po Polsku
This recipe is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
The Polish Herring Salad is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Herring Salad Polish Style serves/makes: 8 - 10
The Herring Salad Polish Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Salad