How to cook Holy Mackerel Florentine
- 4 mackerel fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Grated onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Bread crumbs
- 8 ounces can onion rings
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Cook spinach, drain and add butter, onion, lemon juice, salt and nutmeg.
- Dip the mackerel fillets in egg and bread crumbs. Sautee in butter until lightly browned.
- Place fillets on spinach bed and top with canned onion rings.
- Bake at 300°F (150°C) for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve the Holy Mackerel Florentine hot.
The Holy Mackerel Florentine recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Holy Mackerel Florentine serves/makes: 4 servings
The Holy Mackerel Florentine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Baked