How to cook Homemade Hot Smoked Trout in Oven
- 2 whole rainbow trout, 3 pounds total weight
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for baking)
- 4 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 8-10 whole allspice berries
- 3-5 bay leaves
- 2-3 cups boiled cooled water
- Clean the fish, remove the entrails and head.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a suitable plastic container pour water and add bay leaves, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add the liquid smoke and mix again.
- Put the fish and place a heavy plate on top of the fish and cover the container with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Put in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 24 hours.
- Then preheat an oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Remove the fish from the marinade, rinse under running cold water inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Grease the fish with olive oil and bake in a preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the fish is firm and opaque, and easy to flake with fork.
- Serve the smoked trout hot or cold.
The Homemade Hot Smoked Trout
in Oven recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Homemade Hot Smoked Trout in Oven serves/makes: 6 servings
The Homemade Hot Smoked Trout in Oven recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked