2 - 4
How to cook Homemade Pickled Arctic Char
- 1 Arctic char fillet (about 8 ounces)
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1-inch piece) fresh peeled ginger, chopped
- Horseradish Cream (see below)
- Lemon-Marinated Cucumber Salad (see below)
- Thinly sliced whole wheat bread (about 3 by 3-inches wide), as needed
Lemon-Marinated Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
- Thinly slice the Arctic char into 1/4-inch thick slices and rub them with kosher salt.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and ginger.
- Put the Arctic char in the vinegar mix and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To serve, spread the bread slices with the Horseradish Cream and top with the Pickled Arctic char and the Lemon-Marinated Cucumber Salad.
How to cook Lemon-Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 2-inch sections
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1-inch section lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Sea salt
Horseradish Cream Ingredients:
- Using a Japanese-style mandolin, julienne the cucumber and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and peel, sugar, and dill.
- Season with sea salt, to taste.
How to cook Horseradish Cream
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
The Homemade Pickled Arctic Char is a very affordable dish. This easy recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
This recipe for Homemade Pickled Arctic Char serves/makes: 2 - 4
The Homemade Pickled Arctic Char recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked