How to cook Honey Mustard Arctic Charwith Shiitake
- 4 fresh Arctic char fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons Honey mustard
- 15 ea. fresh shiitake mushroom, stems removed and tops julienne
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh shallots, finely diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a preheated saute pan, add enough sesame oil to coat the bottom, saute garlic, shallots and ginger with the shiitake mushrooms, then add white wine, salt and pepper.
- Cook ingredients until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from heat, mix in parsley and leave mixture in a small bowl to cool.
- Set aside.
- In a preheated saute pan, add enough sesame oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Add the Arctic char fillets and lightly brown each side of the fillet, taking care not cook them.
- Remove from heat and place Arctic char fillets onto a baking sheet.
- With a pastry brush, coat each fillet with honey mustard, then take the mushroom mixture and gently press an even amount of the mixture on top of each Arctic char fillet.
- Bake the Arctic char fillets in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for approximately 10 -12 minutes (Arctic char texture should flake lightly with fork).
The Honey Mustard Arctic Char with Shiitake also good with Salmon
This recipe for Honey Mustard Arctic Charwith Shiitake serves/makes: 4
The Honey Mustard Arctic Charwith Shiitake recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Char
Preparation Method: Baked