How to cook Honey and Pepper Rainbow Trout
- 4 rainbow trout pieces (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pink peppers
- 1 lemon
- Grind the peel of the lemon and press out the juice.
- Mix juice and peel with honey, mustard and peppers.
- Brush the trout pieces with honey mixture.
- Put the fish pieces in an oven dish and bake about 20 minutes, into a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven or grill about 7 to 8 minutes per side, until fish flake when touched with a fork.
The Honey and Pepper Rainbow Trout recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
Rainbow trout has a mild, nutty flavor and tender flesh.
Trout is high in Omega-3 oils which deter heart attacks.
When buying whole fish, look for bright clear eyes. The skin should be shiny and well-colored. When pressed, fresh fish should spring back.
Never store ungutted fish. Tightly wrap fresh fish and store into the coldest part of the refrigerator use within 2 days.
Double-wrapped, frozen fish can remain in freezer for 6 months.
Trout can be stuffed with crab meat, bacon and garlic or seasoned breading.
This recipe for Honey and Pepper Rainbow Trout serves/makes: 4
The Honey and Pepper Rainbow Trout recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked