How to cook Honolulu Grilled Mahi-Mahi Kabobs
- 1 pound mahi-mahi, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 (1.2-ounce) packet Seasons Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix, Asian Sesame
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 8 pineapple chunks
- 2 green onions, each cut into 4 pieces
- 4 wooden skewers
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix juice, oil, rum, salad dressing mix and ginger in small bowl until well blended. Pour over combined fish, red peppers, pineapple and onions in shallow dish cover. Refrigerate 30 min. to 1 hour to marinate. Drain fish mixture discard marinade.
- Preheat greased grill to medium-high heat. Thread fish, vegetables and pineapple alternately on skewers.
- Place kabobs on grill. Cook 4 to 6 min. on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve the Honolulu Grilled Mahi-Mahi Kabobs over hot rice.
If desired, use Swordfish, King fish, Redfish or any other beefy fish, instead of mahi-mahi
Substitute dry sherry for the rum.
For Broiler: If you prefer, you could use the Broiler instead of the Grill. Assemble kabobs as directed place on rack of broiler pan. Broil, 3 to 5 inches from heat, 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork.
This recipe for Honolulu Grilled Mahi-Mahi Kabobs serves/makes: 4
The Honolulu Grilled Mahi-Mahi Kabobs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The photo is submitted by Ron Mann - 15/10/2013.
Main Ingredient: Mahi-Mahi
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled