How to cook Hot Grilled Trout
- 4 whole brook trout (about 1 pound each), cleaned
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a charcoal fire for grilling.
- In a shallow dish, mix the lemon juice, butter, oil, parsley, sesame seeds, Tabasco sauce, ginger, and salt. With a fork, pierce the skin of each fish in several places.
- Roll the trout in the lemon juice mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Leave the fish in the marinade, cover the dish, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning the fish occasionally.
- Remove the fish, reserving the marinade, and place them in a hand-held hinged gill. Brush the fish with the marinade.
- Cook about 4 inches from the hot coals for 5 minutes.
- Turn, brush with marinade, and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until the flesh appears opaque and flakes easily.
The Hot Grilled Trout recipe easy to prepare and so good!
For a fat-free sauce for grilled fish or chicken, puree 1 cup roasted, peeled, and seeded red pepper and add 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce.
is a delicious member of the trout kingdom. They can grow to a medium size that is nice for single servings. As with most trout, these little lovelies can be broiled, brazed, grilled, smoked, pan fried, deep fried or just about anything you can think of to do with them.
This recipe for Hot Grilled Trout serves/makes: 8
The Hot Grilled Trout recipe is adopted from The Tabasco Brand Cookbook by Paul McIlhenny 2004.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled