10 - 12 crostini
How to cook Hot Lobster Crostini
- 2 lobsters* (1 pound each), steamed, meat taken out and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar
- Paprika, salt, and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Dried parsley
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 10-12 baguette slices, about 1/2 to 1/3 inch thick
- Set oven to broil.
- Cut up slices of baguette.
- Drizzle olive oil on top. Broil for 1-2 minutes, watching carefully.
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter, mayo, mozzarella, cheddar.
- Add chopped lobster meat. Sprinkle paprika, salt, pepper and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
- Spread on toasted bread. Broil for 5 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle the Hot Lobster Crostini with parsley and serve immediately as appetizer.
The Hot Lobster Crostini
is a spectacular appetizer - makes simple and easy. It will be appropriate both on a buffet table and a traditional feast.
*To Cook Lobsters:
Steam lobsters in a large covered pot depending on weight - 9 minutes for the 1st pound and 3 minutes for each additional pound. Remove lobsters from pot and cover with ice till cold.
To Clean Lobsters:
Using lobster crackers, kitchen shears or the back of a sturdy knife crack shells and pull meat from lobsters.
This recipe for Hot Lobster Crostini serves/makes: 10 - 12 crostini
The Hot Lobster Crostini recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Appetizer