How to cook Hot Lobster Rolls
- 2 (1 1/2 - 2 pounds) steamed or boiled lobsters
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large clove garlic
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- 4 New England style rolls (I prefer Pepperidge Farms brand)
- Remove the meat from the lobsters. I like to use the meat from the knuckles, claws, and tail only for this purpose. Coarsely chop the meat, and set aside.
- Prepare a grill (or use a toaster) to lightly toast the rolls. The filling cooks up quickly, so you'll want to time things so the rolls are warm when you fill them with the lobster.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook for about one minute. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and most of the chopped parsley and celery leaves (leaving behind a pinch of each for garnishing at the end), and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the lobster meat, and cook just long enough to heat it through, about a minute or less. Remove from the heat, and check for seasoning. Add extra salt, pepper, or lemon juice, if desired.
- Using tongs, divide the lobster among the four rolls. Spoon some extra sauce over each, and garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and celery leaves. Serve the lobster rolls right away, while still warm with French fries.
The Hot Lobster Rolls
recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe differs from the traditional, and more well-known, New England style lobster roll
in that it's served warm, rather than as a cold salad, and it's also made without mayonnaise. Instead of adding chopped celery, I decided to use celery leaves. It gives the subtle flavor of celery that every lobster roll
should have, but without the crunch. Of course, if you'd like some crunch, feel free to add it.
This recipe for Hot Lobster Rolls serves/makes: 4 rolls
The Hot Lobster Rolls recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Sandwich