How to cook Hot Smoked Salmon Crostini
- 6 ounces hot smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 baguette slices, about 1/4 inch thick (I used ciabatta slices)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- A small bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 8 cucumber slices for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the bread slices on one side until crisp, about 1 minute.
- For topping, break the salmon up into small pieces with a fork.
- Put the fish in a bowl, add cream cheese and dill; stir well.
- Spoon the fish mixture on a fried side of bread slices, garnish with cucumber slices and serve.
The Hot Smoked Salmon Crostini
is a spectacular appetizer - makes simple and amazingly fast. It will be appropriate both on a buffet table and a traditional feast.
In Italian, "crostini
" means "little toasts," and it is a very accurate description of the food. Crostini
are made by thinly slicing bread, typically plain white bread, and toasting or grilling so that it becomes crispy.
This recipe for Hot Smoked Salmon Crostini serves/makes: 8 crostini
The Hot Smoked Salmon Crostini recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Appetizer