How to cook Hot Smoked Salmon Mousse
- 5 ounces hot smoked salmon, flaked with a fork
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 1/2 sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Place the gelatin in a small bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of cold water and let it soften for 5 minutes.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the gelatin dissolves (do not boil!).
- Then set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Put the fish, sour cream and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and blend again until the ingredients become a thick, smooth paste.
- Add the gelatin mixture, season with salt and mix well.
- Transfer the mousse into small serving bowls and put in the fridge to chill until set, for about 2 hours.
- Serve cold over crackers, small toasts, bagel chips or cucumber slices.
The Hot Smoked Salmon Mousse
is a spectacular appetizer - makes simple and amazingly fast. It will be appropriate both on a buffet table and a traditional feast.
This recipe for Hot Smoked Salmon Mousse serves/makes: 8 servings
The Hot Smoked Salmon Mousse recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Appetizer