How to cook Hot and Spicy Fried Tilapia with Vegetables
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded, deveined (use gloves) or scotch bonnet pepper if available
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse and dry and pat tilapia fillets. Place fillets in a large flat dish. Mix seasoning blend, reserve 2 teaspoons for vegetables and set aside.
- Pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over both sides of fillets, rub in gently. Season fish with seasoning blend on both sides.
- Top fish with chopped habanero, parsley, lemon zest and juice. Mix fish well. You can marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes if desired.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Slice Brussels sprouts in half and cut off hard steam bottoms on asparagus. Place on a baking sheet and add about 2 tablespoonful of olive oil, mix well.
- Add remaining seasonings and toss to coat. Broil vegetables for about 15 minutes until nice and golden.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Add fish and cook for 6 minutes.
- Place fish under broiler for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from oven, baste with pan juices before serving.
- Serve the fried tilapia fillets with cooked vegetables and steamed plain rice.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
The Hot and Spicy Fried Tilapia with Vegetables recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Hot and Spicy Fried Tilapia with Vegetables serves/makes: 4 servings
The Hot and Spicy Fried Tilapia with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed