How to cook Hungarian Seafood Goulash
- 1 pound large scallops
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 2 dozen oysters
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 cans tomato soup
- Steamed white rice or Toast Fingers (see the recipe below), to serve
Toast Fingers Ingredients:
- Lightly saute onion, garlic, and green pepper (all finely chopped) in butter. When onions have begun to glaze add scallops and simmer. Turn and simmer again until cooked.
- Heat tomato soup. Add the scallop mixture. Boil shrimp in the soup until tender.
- Just before serving, drop in oysters and cook for about 2 minutes, no longer.
- Serve the Hungarian Seafood Goulash over hot steamed white rice or in soup plates with toast fingers.
How to cook Toast Fingers
- 4 thin slices white bread
- Remove the crusts from the slices of bread.
- Cut each slice into 3 long pieces and toast.
The Hungarian Seafood Goulash recipe easy to cook and so good!
(plural: goulashes) is primarily a soup, also existing as stew, usually made of beef, onions, vegetables, and spices. The name originates from the Hungarian gulyas, the word for a cattle stockman or herdsman.
This recipe for Hungarian Seafood Goulash serves/makes: 6 servings
The Hungarian Seafood Goulash recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew