6 - 8
How to cook Hush Puppies and Deep Fried Perch Fillets
- 2 pounds perch (cod, croaker, flatfish, red snapper, tilefish, and etc.) fillets
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Coat perch fillets with cornmeal, reserving excess. Deep fry the perch fillets in hot oil (370°F) 2 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels, keep warm.
- To make Hush Puppies add enough cornmeal to reserve cornmeal to make 1 1/2 cups stir with flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat milk with egg and add with onion to cornmeal mixture stir until combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons into hot oil used for fish and fry 2-3 minutes or until browned and puffed, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with the deep fried perch fillets .
The Hush Puppies and Deep fried Perch Fillets is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
or Hush puppies
are an American (particularly popular in the Southern US) food consisting of small cornmeal breads that are deep fried in a spherical or oblong shape. The usual ingredients include cornmeal, flour, eggs, salt, baking soda, milk, and water, and can include whole kernel corn, onions, and peppers.
This recipe for Hush Puppies and Deep Fried Perch Fillets serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Hush Puppies and Deep Fried Perch Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Perch
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried