How to cook Indian Grilled Spiced Trout
- 4 fresh whole trout, about 12 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons mustard or peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Gut and carefully wash the trout clean, then dry them.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and coat the trout thoroughly, leaving it to absorb the flavors for about 1 hour.
- Broil or fry the fish-about 10 minutes and serve at once on a bed of lettuce with lemon wedges and onion rings.
The Indian Grilled Spiced Trout recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Indian Grilled Spiced Trout serves/makes: 4
The Indian Grilled Spiced Trout recipe is adopted from The Homestyle Indian Cooking by Pat Chapman 1998.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled