How to cook Indian Grilled Whitefish Kebabs
- 1 pound whitefish or cod fillets, cubed
- 1 dried red chilies
- 1 inch ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 cloves
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 black cardamom pod
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2/3 cup natural (plain) yogurt
- 4 ounces onions, cubed
- 3 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon garam masala*
- Salt to taste
- Grind the chilies and ginger together. Add the garlic to a pan of water and wash the fish in the water to get rid of any fishy smell then drain. Grind together the cloves, peppercorns, cardamom and cinnamon then mix with the whitefish. Mix in the yogurt and salt to taste.
- Fix alternate the whitefish cubes and onion on skewers and grill (broil) under a moderate grill (broiler) until cooked through and browned, brushing occasionally with a little melted ghee.
- When cooked through, remove from the skewers, sprinkle with garam masala and serve hot.
The Indian Grilled Whitefish Kebabs is a affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
*Garam masala is a blend of ground spices common in the Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani cuisine, whose literal meaning is 'hot (or warm) spice'.
This recipe for Indian Grilled Whitefish Kebabs serves/makes: 3
The Indian Grilled Whitefish Kebabs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed