How to cook Indian Scallops Tandoori Style
- 1 pound large sea scallops, fresh or thawed
- 3/4 cup plan lowfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Paprika, to taste
- In a non-metallic bowl, combine all ingredients, except oil and paprika. Mix well to coat scallops evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours; turn scallops occasionally.
- Preheat broiler or start barbecue.
- Thread scallops on skewers and brush lightly with oil. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil or barbecue about 4-inches from heat source in preheated broiler or grill, turning frequently, about 8 to 10 minutes.
The Indian Scallops Tandoori Style recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The scallops skewers usually are cooked in a tandoor, or clay oven, from which tandoori cooking takes its name. The tandoor is used for cooking in India, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, the Transcaucasus, the Balkans, the Middle East, Central Asia as well as Burma and Bangladesh.
This recipe for Indian Scallops Tandoori Style serves/makes: 4
The Indian Scallops Tandoori Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled