How to cook Indian Tandoori Trout or Mackerel
- 4 fresh whole trout or mackerel, about 12 ounces each
- 16 ounces plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger root , minced
- Gut and carefully wash the trout clean, then dry them.
- Mix the Tandoori marinade ingredients together and coat the trout thoroughly, leaving it to absorb the flavors for about 2 - 4 hour.
- Broil or fry the fish-about 10 minutes and serve at once on a bed of lettuce with lemon wedges and onion rings.
The Indian Tandoori Trout or Mackerel recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Indian Tandoori Trout or Mackerel serves/makes: 4
The Indian Tandoori Trout or Mackerel recipe is adopted from The Homestyle Indian Cooking by Pat Chapman 1998.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled