How to cook Inihaw Tiyan ng Tuna (Grilled Tuna Belly)
- 2 pounds fresh tuna belly (1 inch or thicker)
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 thumb sized ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grind black pepper
- Wash tuna belly under cold running water and pat dry.
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients then marinate tuna belly for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the tuna belly and then reserve the marinade.
- Grill marinated tuna belly over hot charcoal for 3 minutes each side or until tender while basting with marinade mixture.
- Check from time to time. DO NOT over do, tuna belly should be juicy.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve the Grilled Tuna Belly with freshly steamed rice.
The Grilled Tuna Belly
is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe.
Grilled Tuna Belly
is used as appetizer or finger foods in Davao. It is usually made of tuna belly marinated then grilled until done. Serve with soy sauce, calamansi juice and red chili to enhance the taste. It is also best to prepare during outing like swimming. Tuna belly is very oily and high in omega 3. And when you want for the best with your family serve them with grilled tuna belly
and you won't have any regrets because I am sure they would love it.
This recipe for Inihaw Tiyan ng Tuna (Grilled Tuna Belly) serves/makes: 6 servings
The Grilled Tuna Belly recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled