How to cook Inihaw na Bangus
- 1 large sized bangus (milkfish)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small ginger, diced
- 1 tablespoon calamansi juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil
- Banana leaves or aluminum foil for wrapping
- For the Spicy Sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons calamansi juice
- 2 hot chili pepper, minced
- In a bowl, mix onion, tomatoes, calamansi juice and black pepper.
- Stuff bangus with the mixture and sprinkle with salt.
- Grease the fish with oil before grilling to enhance flavor.
- Wrap bangus in banana leaves or aluminum foil.
- Grill on hot charcoal for about 25 minutes turning the fish on the other side to avoid burning the skin.
- Meanwhile, prepare Spicy Sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients.
- Serve the Inihaw na Bangus with Spicy Sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
The Inihaw na Bangus easy to cook and so good! Grilled fish is always a family favorite in the Philippines.
This is a recipe for grilled milkfish stuffed with onions and tomatoes then wrapped with banana leaves. Also known as inihaw na bangus
, cooking this grilled fish is best on hot charcoal. And there are also other options on wrapping it. If banana leaves are not available, you can use aluminum foil.
This recipe for Inihaw na Bangus serves/makes: 3 servings
The Inihaw na Bangus recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Milkfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled