4 - 6 servings
How to cook Inihaw na Pompano (Grilled Stuffed Pompano)
- 1 whole (about 2 1/2 pounds) pompano fish
- 1 medium fresh lemon
- 1/3 cup onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Aluminum foil for wrapping
- Clean pompano fish and slice open (butterfly style).
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze(without seeds) them inside and outside of the fish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over.
- Stuff fish with onion, tomato and ginger.
- Wrap fish with aluminum foil securely so juice will not come out during grilling. (double the aluminum foil if necessary.)
- Grill fish in oven or grill at 450°F for 30 minutes at each side, a total of 1 hour.
- Open aluminum foil wrap and serve the Inihaw na Pompano (Grilled Stuffed Pompano) hot with toyomansi dip.
The Inihaw na Pompano (Grilled Stuffed Pompano) is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Inihaw na Pompano (Grilled Stuffed Pompano) serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Inihaw na Pompano (Grilled Stuffed Pompano) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Pompano
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled