4 - 6 servings
How to cook Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Squid)
- 2 pounds squids (pusit)
- For Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- For Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon calamansi or lemon juice
- 1 piece hot chili pepper (siling labuyo), chopped
- Clean the squid. Pull the head and remove the ink sac, the parrot-like beak in its mouth, and eye balls. On its body remove the back shell.
- Cut squid into rings - about 1 inch thick.
- Marinate squid with soy sauce, ground black pepper, and lemon juice for 1 hour.
- Thread the squid rings and head onto skewers.
- Grill the squids 3 to 4 minutes on each side. (Do not cook the squids longer or they will be dry and tough.)
- Prepare the dipping sauce by mixing the soy sauce, calamasi juice and chili pepper.
- Serve the Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Squid) hot with dipping sauce.
The Inihaw na Pusit
(Grilled Squid) recipe easy to cook and so good!
Inihaw na Pusit
(Grilled Squid) - so many ways to grill squid (or calamari) but this time I prefer to cut them in rings and thread with skewers. Sometimes it is more fun eating squids on stick. For the marinade, I use the Filipino commonly use mixture of soy sauce and calamansi juice with hot pepper.
This recipe for Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Squid) serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Squid) recipe is adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled