How to cook Israeli Salad with Avocado and Tuna
- 1 can tuna, in oil
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 medium onion, cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- Cut avocado in half, remove the pit, peel skin, cut into small cubes, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Drain tuna and crush with a fork.
- Add avocado, onion and eggs.
- Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Mix well.
- Serve the Israeli Salad with Avocado and Tuna on slices of wheat bread, toast or crackers.
The Israeli Salad with Avocado and Tuna
quick, simple recipe and very easy to cook.
Israeli Salad with Avocado and Tuna
or Avocado a la Waxmann
- this recipe comes from Israel and is named after its author, a well-known chef Jonathan Waxmann from Jerusalem. There is a snack between meals or an appetizer.
Avocado itself is oily and the salad has a firm texture, so no need to combine with any sauce.
Avocado should be ripe. Usually unripe Avocados has the outside color of the skin green - ripe is brown. You can check the degree of ripeness by pressing gently on the skin. If you feel that is hard as stone, should lie at least a few days at room temperature to maturity.
The using of a pinch of sugar - to balance the taste of lemon juice, which you sprinkle the avocado to not darkened.
If you decide to add it, you have to wait at least 10 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals in the salad ingredients. Otherwise it will be very noticeable.
This recipe for Israeli Salad with Avocado and Tuna serves/makes: 4 servings
The Israeli Salad with Avocado and Tuna recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Salad