How to cook Italian Baked Bay Scallops
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) can Italian tomatoes, drained
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Italian bread crumbs
- Saute onion, garlic and green pepper in olive oil until onion is soft and translucent. Add the canned tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces, and black pepper. Simmer for 12 -15 minutes.
- Pour the onion-tomato mixture into lightly greased baking dish and set aside.
- Saute scallops in butter or margarine, stirring often. Add wine and lemon juice, simmer for 5 - 8 minutes.
- Combine scallops and onion-tomato mixture in the baking dish, mixing well. Sprinkle Italian bread crumbs (enough to cover) on top. Bake at 375°F until bubbly.
- Serve the Italian Baked Bay Scallops over hot brown or white rice.
- Good with a crisp, green salad, warm Italian bread and white wine.
The Italian Baked Bay Scallops recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Italian Baked Bay Scallops serves/makes: 4
The Italian Baked Bay Scallops recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Baked