How to cook Italian Baked Monkfish with Potatoes
- 1/2 pounds monkfish sliced into 1-inch thick pieces
- 1/2 pounds potatoes, sliced, blanched and refreshed
- 1 tomato, finely sliced
- 3 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a shallow ovenproof round dish place a layer of potato overlapping the slices as you go.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Then top with the monkfish, fennel, shallots and tomatoes, seasoning each layer as you go.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle with the mixed herbs and season.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes, removing the foil for the last 10 minutes.
This recipe for Italian Baked Monkfish with Potatoes serves/makes: 4
The Italian Baked Monkfish with Potatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Monkfish
Preparation Method: Baked