How to cook Italian Baked Mussels (Cozze Arrosto)
- 2 pounds large fresh mussels, cleaned
- 2 ounces prosciutto crudo (Italian dry-cured ham), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup passata (Italian tomato puree)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons soft white bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the mussels in a large saucepan. Cover and cook over a medium heat for about 4-6 minutes, until the mussels open, shaking the pan occasionally. Discard any unopened ones. Remove and discard the top shell from each mussel and loosen each mussel in its shell. If they are small, place tow mussels in one shell. Arrange in individual ramekins or in a shallow baking dish in a single layer.
- Mix the prosciutto with the parsley, passata, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture evenly over the mussels. Toss the bread crumbs with 2 tablespoons of the oil and sprinkle over the top. Drizzle on the remaining oil.
- Bake on an upper shelf for about 6-8 minutes, until heated through and lightly browned. Serve immediately.
The Italian Baked Mussels (Cozze Arrosto) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Italian Baked Mussels (Cozze Arrosto) serves/makes: 4
The Italian Baked Mussels (Cozze Arrosto) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mussels
Preparation Method: Baked