How to cook Italian Baked Orange Roughy with Tomatoes
- 4 orange roughy (catfish, sole or other firm, white-fleshed fish) fillets, about 4 to 6 ounces each
- 4 fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spray a 9x13-inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of dish with tomato slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the orange roughy fillets in a single layer over mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine wine, butter and lemon juice in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Pour over fish.
- Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs, Parmesan and parsley. Dust with paprika.
- Bake 10-20 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Serves the Italian Baked Orange Roughy with Tomatoes with lemon wedges.
The Italian Baked Orange Roughy with Tomatoes recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Italian Baked Orange Roughy with Tomatoes serves/makes: 4
The Italian Baked Orange Roughy with Tomatoes recipe is adopted from The Casseroles by Christie Katona and Thomas Katona.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Baked